Thursday, August 11, 2011

R.McCaw dispels alldoubts about his form

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5404647/Richie-McCaw-dispels-all-doubts-about-his-form
TOBY ROBSON 08/08/2011

If you were getting just a tad concerned about Richie McCaw's form before Saturday's Bledisloe Cup match, you weren't alone.

All Blacks coach Graham Henry revealed yesterday the skipper himself was having a few quiet moments of self-doubt in the buildup to the test.

The bad news for the rest of the rugby world is McCaw reached into his top drawer against the Wallabies as he led them to a 30-14 win.

"He played his best game of the year last night, I thought, didn't he," Henry said. "He is pleased. He's been anxious about his form."

McCaw came into the test season underdone after battling a foot injury through the Super rugby season, but hasn't taken long to shake off the rust.

He topped the tackle count at Eden Park with 15, was prominent with ball in hand and ever-present at the breakdown as he outplayed young rival David Pocock.

There was also a decisiveness to his captaincy, a shot at goal signalled without hesitation in the 67th minute when the All Blacks were ahead 27-12.

Blindside Jerome Kaino was also superb, adding another block in his reputation as a heavy hitter.

Assistant coach Steve Hansen said Kaino "imprinted himself on a few Australians", but Kaino will show his softer side in taking two weeks out before the cup to be with his pregnant partner.
The Aucklander will travel to South Africa, with No8 Kieran Read expected to be given another break to spend time with his young family in Christchurch.

That could mean a final chance against the Springboks for Liam Messam to push his cup claims after missing the playing squad in Auckland.

- The Dominion Post

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his vital thing, thus he/she wants
to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is
maintained over here.

Feel free to visit my website ... Natural Weight loss
my page :: weight loss products

Anonymous said...

Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know
if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.

I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have a look at my weblog ... where can You buy natural green cleanse

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to
keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was
almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Stop by my webpage :: Online Penny Auction - http://diaryfun.com/ -

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its nice discussion on the topic of this post at this place at this
webpage, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.



Feel free to surf to my web blog: Free Netflix Account

Anonymous said...

Exϲellent blog Һere! Also your website loads up very fast!
What web host are you using? Can I get your affilіate link to your host?
I ԝish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

My weblog ... adult toys sale